Maintaining your Hardwood Floors
At Interior Surface – we believe we know flooring. We have been a major player in the Kansas City flooring industry for over 30 years. Here are a couple of tips to help keep your hardwood floors looking new:
- High traffic areas – consider using an area rug or high traffic mats to extend the life of the floor
- Keeping your floor clean – any mud, dirt, food, or debris can really put a damper on your hardwood floors. In addition – make sure the cleaner that you are using is safe for hardwood floors.
- Direct sunlight – if you have an area of your floor that gets a lot of direct sunlight – you might consider using some shading blinds or maybe an area rug to help with any discoloring that can occur.
- Water – Most importantly, water is definitely NOT good for your hardwood floors. Make sure you wipe up any spills immediately. Use specific hardwood floor cleaners and not a wet mop.
- Maintaining your hardwood floor is relatively easy, but the beauty of them can quickly be compromised when you fail to give them a little love here and there.